SEO Best Practices in Redding CA
For businesses that are in Redding, California, SEO might have a big question mark above it. So, what is SEO? It stands for Search Engine Optimization, and there are right and very wrong ways to go about it. I’d like to go over some of the best practices that will significantly help your business rank organically within search engines locally. We’re going to focus on Google for now, since they are the dominant search engine used around the globe.
As a side note – if you’re reading this and are still using online marketing through the Phone Book companies like YP or Hibu, I highly recommend reading this case study on whether or not you should cancel your phone book marketing.
Let’s get started…
Top 3 SEO Practices for businesses in Redding
Google My Business
This is the hub of where your entire online business profile with Google exists. If you haven’t already, I would recommend the following:
- Login or create a profile at https://www.google.com/business/
- Claim your Google maps listing.
- Fill out your business profile with accurate information.
- Add photos or videos, your logo, and other branding information that helps clients identify your company.
- Consider a Google Virtual Tour to draw more attention to your location and increase your search ranking.
Having relevant and accurate information on your website can make or break your ability for potential customers finding you. Here’s a few guidelines for content:
- Have your content professionally written. Consider having someone with good writing skills to accurately write content for your website so that Google can easily discern who you are and what you do.
- Relevancy of your content is very important. Be detailed and describe your services so customers are sure they’ve found the right business.
- Keep your word count on each page of your website above 300 words. Google attributes higher value to websites that don’t have thin content.
- Use links to other pages of your website. Hyperlinks within your content that leads to other pages on your website are a huge plus.
Social Media Presence
Having a social media presence for your business that links back to your website is a must. You don’t need to be on all social media platforms, but you should at least focus your efforts on 1 or 2. Here’s a few tips for social media:
- Most companies do well with Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube.
- Setup or login to your account and make sure all of your business information is accurate.
- Make engaging posts that are educational, and don’t ask for sales 100% of the time.
- 80/20 rule. 80% of the time post educational content, and 20% talk about your services.
- The goal is to engage with people, not to sell them.
- Post 1-3 times per week if possible.
These are some great SEO practices that can be implemented this week to help you stand out in local searches in Redding, California.
We make sure to let our clients know that SEO is not a sprint – it’s a marathon. The 3 items I’ve mentioned in this article are potential DIY options. We recommend having your company go through a full SEO Audit to determine what might be a more intentional and aggressive approach to begin dominating your competition locally. This will give a complete road-map of how we will be able to help you generate more leads, phone calls, form submissions, or feet through the door. We can schedule a call with you to discuss in more detail what would be the right approach for your business if you fill out the form on this page. Tell us a bit about your company, and we’ll setup a time to connect. OR – if you want to try our LIVE CHAT feature, click the icon in the bottom right and talk with us right away.
We look forward to helping your company go to the Next Level.